Vubstersmurf

[Kidnapping Rules] - Revise

6 minutes ago, Ambidextrous said:

You'd think so, right? But actually, the kidnapper can just say; "oh we felt that we could make some $ if we kidnapped him, ran his phone and tried to find a family member to extort." 

Also, kidnapping someone in Owl barely requires reasoning, example:

Paul chills in his car, rocking a sweet new suit skin lookin fly as fuck, Lil Horsecock Mc Yungster and his Rollin 69 Mob Killer Criminal Rapper Playboyz spot him, they kidnap him because he looked rich and keep him forever for the lols. 

You can literally get kidnapped for your skin in owlgaming.

I don't think so. I've never heard of a situation like this and if I were the handling admin I'd void if what you said is true. Kidnapping someone and holding onto them forever is dumb for these reasons, that isn't even a reason to kidnap them unless you're trying to physically remove them from your turf (if you care so much about rich people being in your turf, such as picking them up and dropping them off outside your hood)

Edited by DrJoseEviI

2 minutes ago, DrJoseEviI said:

I never said it's normal nor did I say you can kidnap someone just for fun. In-game, obviously if someone kidnaps you there's a reason for it, you more than likely have strong beef with this person who whoever they hired to kidnap you. Now, what the hell are you on about, the state of the community? Roleplay is roleplay, if you're kidnapped you're still in a scenario which you can roleplay, what you make of it or what you try to do is your own doing. Again, you're not hindering their developing, it is just a major turning point. 

I've had your own people tell me that you wanted to keep Rose just for fun and that same person was the one wanting to release her after she pulled of from the election.

Clearly for fun, no? Because I could've swore the person said you wanted to keep her for fun, but okay.

The state of the community, not talking about actualy roleplay, plus, by you're still in a scenario you can roleplay is what? What would you roleplay if it was you in this situation? Because from what I know, all the guys that got kidnapped never had a chance to roleplay with anyone else, also remember that you dont feed or give them water for some time, making them weaker than they were on a healthy state, its a major turning point that takes your freedom away, to which for the occasion on it being a game, makes the person give up on the character or its fun for you to play a game where your character just sits blindfolded and cuffed?

8 minutes ago, DrJoseEviI said:

Kidnapping people obviously requires reasoning, you can't just kidnap someone because you're bored or you dislike someone OOCly. Holding onto them is a totally different story, you seem to be confused with reasons to kidnap vs whatever happens afterwards. If I kidnap someone I have a strong rivalry with, I'll hold them for as long as I please, I dislike the person for legitimate reasons. You are able to escape if you try hard enough, the amount of effort you put into that is solely up to the victim.

I wonder what kind of rivarly you had with the current kidnapped people or the ones that were kidnapped before, because none of them ever roleplayed with your character that you go online to do major roleplay upon being asked by other people OOCly to log onto it, that or you're just AFK, like yesterday I was told you were.

Then you're kind of contradicting yourself, it just proves on this "I'll hold them for as long as I please, I dislike the person for legitimate reasons." that is just like a CK, you wanna kill/hold someone/refrain them from using the char for as long as you want for a reason, state that reason on a application and get it aproved, you can also try to escape CK's by being on the run, seems just like the same but on one you make them suffer alive, the other you just kill them.

12 minutes ago, DrJoseEviI said:

Again, seems like you have some personal vendetta against me and my faction for god knows why. We haven't kidnapped anyone recently and I can't recall any "pet human" shit that has occurred in the two years of our faction being up. Whoever is feeding you this bullshit needs a smack. I don't reckon derailing this suggestion by attacking my faction will do you any good. If we did something wrong, feel free to player report the offenders or file a faction report against us, or you can even approach me personally and I'll help settle any misunderstandings, or provide evidence to aid you if one of our members did something wrong. We don't go around imposing our will on people, we seek to provide roleplay to factions/people that reach out to us, or we reach out to. We don't go looking to start shit either, we only respond when provoked or when action is needed, attacking others and actively ruining roleplay solely for personal enjoyment goes against everything myself and other members of my faction do, as well as the rules of being a official faction. 

So, I guess you need to smack your own member and OOC friend, since he was the one ordering it and keeping her on your faction's land underground and that he wanted to release the said person but you declined it because you wanted to feed her dog food and make her a pet human for fun because she was annoying, it is also funny how your "creating roleplay faction" only acts upon OOC friendships, that sometimes havent even known each other for more than weeks, Im talking about major roleplay, not gun dealing.

I guess you should like.. watch out who you hang with OOCly and not like lie, that or your own friends are lying about you. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Diogo said:

I've had your own people tell me that you wanted to keep Rose just for fun and that same person was the one wanting to release her after she pulled of from the election.

Clearly for fun, no? Because I could've swore the person said you wanted to keep her for fun, but okay.

The state of the community, not talking about actualy roleplay, plus, by you're still in a scenario you can roleplay is what? What would you roleplay if it was you in this situation? Because from what I know, all the guys that got kidnapped never had a chance to roleplay with anyone else, also remember that you dont feed or give them water for some time, making them weaker than they were on a healthy state, its a major turning point that takes your freedom away, to which for the occasion on it being a game, makes the person give up on the character or its fun for you to play a game where your character just sits blindfolded and cuffed?

I wonder what kind of rivarly you had with the current kidnapped people or the ones that were kidnapped before, because none of them ever roleplayed with your character that you go online to do major roleplay upon being asked by other people OOCly to log onto it, that or you're just AFK, like yesterday I was told you were.

Then you're kind of contradicting yourself, it just proves on this "I'll hold them for as long as I please, I dislike the person for legitimate reasons." that is just like a CK, you wanna kill/hold someone/refrain them from using the char for as long as you want for a reason, state that reason on a application and get it aproved, you can also try to escape CK's by being on the run, seems just like the same but on one you make them suffer alive, the other you just kill them.

So, I guess you need to smack your own member and OOC friend, since he was the one ordering it and keeping her on your faction's land underground and that he wanted to release the said person but you declined it because you wanted to feed her dog food and make her a pet human for fun because she was annoying, it is also funny how your "creating roleplay faction" only acts upon OOC friendships, that sometimes havent even known each other for more than weeks, Im talking about major roleplay, not gun dealing.

I guess you should like.. watch out who you hang with OOCly and not like lie, that or your own friends are lying about you. 🤷‍♂️

Still entirely wrong. I have never ordered any kidnappings, nor did I want to do any human pet shit. Whoever told you I wanted to do these things to QueenC definitely needs a smack and a boot from my faction, and I'd like you to forum PM or Discord message me this members name, I do not tolerate OOC lies. "I'll hold them for as long as I please, I dislike the person for legitimate reasons."  obviously this is out of context and the example went WAY over your head. If I have a STRONG BEEF/RIVALRY with someone, I'll kidnap them and hold them for as long as I please, I shouldn't have to write a app for that. Let me make things clear, this is not a written rule but it is actively enforced, YOU CAN NOT KIDNAP SOMEONE FOR NO REASON. Again, more idiotic rambles, you dislike me and my faction, I get it. I'm not looking to derail this thread and I'm not looking to get forum infracted for flaming, and I'd recommend we speak in a more appropriate platform such as Discord. QueenC was kidnapped in regards to the elections, I'm pretty sure that is more than obvious OOCly, and she was let go eventually. 

Now, back on topic again. Kidnapping someone is NOT ending development, it is a major turning point, and you still fail to understand anything I'm bringing up. If you are kidnapped, you can escape easily if you put enough effort into it. MacGyver your way out using any item available to you, like damn I can use the food given to me as a weapon. If it's just me and my captor in a room and he brings me a bowl of food, I'll fucking lob it at his head and knock his ass out, or smash the bowl and use the broken pieces as a weapon.  Humans tend to develop tools to make a certain job or task easier, if your character has yet to evolve into a normal functioning human being and can't remove a blindfold from their head by rubbing their noggin against a wall or bringing their arms to their front by slipping them under their legs, or even headbutt someone then your character shouldn't exist because you require UAT permission to roleplay mentally disabled.

Again, you're stuck on this idea that by being kidnapped for a prolonged period of  time means you character can never do anything ever again. This logic is 100% false, you must make do with what you have, can obtain and what you can mentally process. People have escaped places like Alcatraz by using a dingy, prisoner of war camps, and insane places. People who were buried alive inside a moving van in the bottom of a rock quary did so by stacking mattress to climb out via a hatch, even someone who was handcuffed and held at knife point managed to escape a serial killer like Jeffrey Dahmer by hitting him on the head. Admittedly most kidnappings ig, the victim his normally restrained and left with nothing, you can easily put yourself in a situation to escape asap. Hundreds of people escape armed kidnappers, jail guards, soldiers, prisons and inhumane conditions in very basic ways, I don't see why we need a rule in place because some people don't know how to do so.

There's no reason why I would let go someone who I have bad blood with after 3-14 days (or whatever the suggested time limit is) for no reason. 

4 hours ago, bartman said:

so if i get kidnapped for information I can just not log in and/or stall for 3 or 14 days or however long the rule would be until they're OOCly forced to release me, then immediately snitch to the police when I'm magically released?

So I propose a alternative rule: You may kidnap players as long as you wish, but there must be a objective to the kidnapping.

Examples:

• Someones paying a handsome ransom for them, you know the character is rich.
  • They're a rival gang member for example and you need them out of the way while you deal with their gang
  • They're a witness to a crime you're about to commit and you need them out of the way until the crime is committed
  • You think you can make money off of them some other way (i.e, organ harvesting)

While you shouldn't be able to straight kidnap a character just cause and hold them indefinitely, if the kidnapper has probable cause then there shouldn't be limits on how long they hold a player so long as that cause is reasonable and continuous.

If we could not so personal attacks on each other that would be great. I'm all for discussion but this is regarding the rules nothing more nothing less. Just bringing up Bartmans suggestion again because imo is the best solution.

Don't expect everyone to agree but least the discussion was decent for majority of this thread.

I feel like people will start taking advantage of how this rule is set now that people realize how messed up it really is. Kidnapping someone and keeping them forever will be an alternative choice if CK apps get declined and you can't do anything about it. Not even just CKs, it makes absolutely no sense.

I can kidnap anyone and simply feed them and they can't do anything about it, it shouldn't be this easy.

Diogo's comment just says everything.

6 hours ago, Diogo said:

The limit should be like jailing a player, 14 days max, if permanently wanting to kidnap one, CK app. Because as it stands, its just kidnapping people without releasing them is basically wanting to CK without a reason.

All of this was already previously considered when the rule was originally changed to include feeding so people cannot be kidnapped and left alone forever. Additionally, kidnapping someone requires cause, you cannot kidnap people because of their skin as others have indicated. Kidnapping also requires substantially more effort and is riskier than doing a PK or CK and results in more RP anyway.

Seems there's a lot of misconception about how admins are suppose to deal with this rule. Just because you don't like the outcome of a perfectly valid RP situation does not mean that kind of RP needs to be more restricted.

On 2/1/2019 at 1:57 PM, TheNeonGuy said:

Nope, i get your point, but sometimes you really need to hold the person until x date until a certain event ends, and three days is not enough.

In such a case, you would have planned in advance to hold them for this long. A simple FT or UAT contact providing them with the logs of said planning would probably be acceptable to extend the timeframe to that date.

On 2/1/2019 at 1:57 PM, TheNeonGuy said:

You are basically restricting roleplay with these rules.

I think one of the main issues with the current rules (and mind you I've never been in a kidnapping situation from the victims side, nor the perpetrators side), could be a lack of proper planning. While I definately see your point about needing to keep them until a specific time and/or date, you would obviously have planned for that before kidnapping them. I kind of support this suggestion, but with the addition that "exceptions can be made if logs are provided with valid planning and reason behind the extended captivity". If someone kidnaps someone just for the sake of kidnapping them, thats not really fair to the victim. I think much like CK's, it couldn't hurt to provide admins with proper reasoning if you want to keep them longer than a set date

ppl talking about not being able to escape like prepare? you can escape a kidnapper if he doesn't have a concrete fuckin cell with proper prison style iron bars and shit, and even if he does you can escape that with the right preparation: sure, this might land a CK application on you because "you escaped" (although that'd be extremely retarded if intentions of the kidnapping weren't to kill you) but you're atleast free

8 hours ago, bigtone said:

ppl talking about not being able to escape like prepare? you can escape a kidnapper if he doesn't have a concrete fuckin cell with proper prison style iron bars and shit, and even if he does you can escape that with the right preparation: sure, this might land a CK application on you because "you escaped" (although that'd be extremely retarded if intentions of the kidnapping weren't to kill you) but you're atleast free

doubt they would get a ck application on them, unless they disregarded their life somehow

9 hours ago, eoozy said:

doubt they would get a ck application on them, unless they disregarded their life somehow

Aren't you disregarding your life by attempting to escape your armed kidnappers anyway? Wouldn't taking care of your life be trying not to aggrevate the guys with the big guns by taking your chances and running? I've seen people CKed for less. I wouldn't go down that grey area myself.

On 2/2/2019 at 8:39 AM, Script said:

What he said.

+1

There's petty people on here that will feed your character and never let them go sadly. I remember seeing a similar case happen where some people left a guy to starve without a CK app and he still had to CK because they forgot about RPing with him. 

It's absurd to ruin someone's roleplay experience by just kidnapping them, and leaving them to where they can't RP shit on their character just because a CK app got denied or if you're just being petty because you don't like them and found an IC reason to kidnap them and then you magically forget about them or just want to keep them there for no reason..

I can agree with this, and this is coming from someone who is an Illegal Roleplayer. This is a restriction that's pretty self explanatory, get the info you need, let them go or PK them, or scare them and let them go, whatever, don't hold them forever just to be a fucking ass.

The problem is the kidnapped dude won't even log in to RP for those 3 days, then he has to be magically let go without any consequences

Plus why would someone lose memory only because they were kidnapped lmao what the fuck, just wear a mask all the time or cover his head if you don't have a CK app lol

On 2/1/2019 at 8:42 PM, bartman said:

so if i get kidnapped for information I can just not log in and/or stall for 3 or 14 days or however long the rule would be until they're OOCly forced to release me, then immediately snitch to the police when I'm magically released?

So I propose a alternative rule: You may kidnap players as long as you wish, but there must be a objective to the kidnapping.

Examples:

• Someones paying a handsome ransom for them, you know the character is rich.
  • They're a rival gang member for example and you need them out of the way while you deal with their gang
  • They're a witness to a crime you're about to commit and you need them out of the way until the crime is committed
  • You think you can make money off of them some other way (i.e, organ harvesting)

While you shouldn't be able to straight kidnap a character just cause and hold them indefinitely, if the kidnapper has probable cause then there shouldn't be limits on how long they hold a player so long as that cause is reasonable and continuous.

Hey there. I feel like this suggestion is slowly slipping to a complete halt, so I'd just try and see if we can resurrect this and get a definite answer out of this rule suggestion. It would be nice if we got a concluding, yes or no from UAT. Coming to the quoted post above, I agree with what vub said, this is probably the best suggestion I've seen in this topic, so quoting this again and seeing if we can continue the conversation about the rule, or see if UAT agrees with the above suggestion or not.

Allot of people say that you'll be limiting legal RP, but I don't see how claiming someone's character indefinitely aslong as you feed them, is a good thing. I've seen someone cells in some of the reports that I've been handling and quite honestly, I don't see how you can escape with a pile of feces, food and two huge tanks of water sticking inside the fencing like a hamster bottle and a door that has no knob, or anything and is technically solid only to open from the other side.

Nothing is going to change unless UAT decides upon doing such. Your suggestion might influence them, yet it’s very unlikely. Limiting this or even perhaps making regulations on reasoning ruins roleplay and immersion as a whole. An abundant amount of people have made this clear above, but OP is blinded by the fact that this is a game, for all intensive purposes is made to simulate a hardcore style of life (roleplay). This community is littered with a variety of rules that limit or constrict roleplay instead of encouraging and increasing it. 

Community members who fall under the Illegal column are always attempting to do rash acts in order to feed their roleplay desires. It’s no secret that illegal roleplay is very hard to spot, let alone create in OwlGaming. Those large few who are under the opposite column (i.e Legal Roleplayers) are given ten times the amount of opportunities than the other side. In layman terms, Legal roleplayers want everything to go according to plan, whilst Illegal roleplayers strive to develop their characters for better or worse. 

Los Santos’ slums have always been active, yet in recent times they have been dangling by a thread. Stop trying to ruin illegal roleplay because it isn’t the way you want to take part in this community. 

I kidnapped a girl once for a yakuza that refused to pay protection money, I made sure I roleplayed with her every day and it was a fun time for all parties involved, if you kidnap someone you should at least roleplay with them regularly.
But I don't think that adding more rules to limit what you can and cannot do is not the way to go. Just keep it active for everyone involved, illegal and legal rpers should co-operate more to make the server fun, not limit eachothers fun.

13 hours ago, Kozinski said:

I'm not sure why you referred to these being kidnapped as 'legals' while most of the characters being kidnapped were part of the illegal roleplay, kidnapping is the reason illegal rp is dead currently.

An example is a character i have, she been kidnapped for about three months now without any proper reason neither any kind of rp done with her ( literally rpd two times only during this time and it wasn't more than 20minutes), does that really supports the 'immersion' of the roleplay you're talking about?

People are just abusing this when they can't ck a certain character, and this is no different than a ck.. I know many others who were kidnapped for as much time as my character and they just stat transferred/dumped their characters.

Usage is universal or dependent on particular characters. Kidnapping is used as an alternative, rather than killing someone in rare cases. I’m not sure about you, but most sane criminals aren’t totally on board with executing another human being. With that said, some are and some aren’t. What you have to understand is that Illegal RP isn’t dead due to these current kidnapping rules. Illegal RP is cut throat when it comes to situational and developmental roleplay. Everyone is struggling to surpass the next average gang banger in Los Santos. Everyone wants to be the equivalent to Al Capone, (which isn’t necessarily a negative thing) but no one wants to be a depth character. I’m not blaming anyone due to this simple fact that is, “To each is their own.” Which means do whatever the hell you want. 

You skimmed throughout the entirety of my reply and made a half relevant statement about a singular point that I made. I thought I wouldn’t have to write this out, but rules impact roleplay in both positive and negative ways. If your character gets kidnapped, tough luck, the roleplay environment differs from legal to illegal. As I stated above, illegal roleplayers are “fiending” for developmental roleplay opportunities as they are limited. For example if you’re in PD and your character gets CK’ed or even if you get kidnapped, you can OOCly reinstate to combat that situation. If you’re a ragged gang member in a rather exciting street gang and you happen to get CK’ed or kidnapped, you have to start from square one. (faction wise)

Finally, you made a point that individuals whom have kidnapped you only role played with you very briefly. I hate to break it to you, but passive RP can be done almost anywhere at any time. It might not be as interesting or fulfilling as role playing with intent and whatnot, but it adds to immersion. As I stated above, you’re SOL when it comes to being kidnapped. Just because it limits your roleplay doesn’t mean that it limits everyone’s roleplay. 

Roleplay is is a game of negatives and positives as is life, take your negatives with a pinch of salt and enjoy your positives with the lust of requiring more. 

Edited by Jamie

I got a smart idea- why not just make it so you can keep someone in captivity for as long as you actively rp with them (and this doesn't just mean feeding), they should be able to be kept for up to 7 or so days without any rp, if still not rp'd with after this time then they should be released and the event treated as a PK. However if the reason that there was no rp between the kidnapper and the kidnapped because the person who was kidnapped just decides to not log in for 7 days then they will not be released and will continue to be a prisoner. 

I mean doing it this way would sorta fix the issue for both parties would it not?