Jump to content
Theory

[General] - /gps [int ID]

Would you like to see this added?  

44 members have voted

  1. 1. Would you like to see this added?



Recommended Posts

I'd add a poll but I can't find the option to. If a forum admin sees this, can you add a poll please?

 

lol nvm found it

Edited by Theory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Theory said:

It would be very useful if there could be a command that shows you where an interior is on your map if you have the ZIP code on hand.

As in that if you have a particular zip code, it will bring up all of the addressed interiors within it? And if so..
 

Spoiler

What prevents a GPS from locating interiors that shouldn't necessarily have an address but yet are forced to because of how interior addresses are currently scripted? If there's a solution for it, this suggestion is spot on.

 

 

If not to all of the above and you just meant zip codes are indicated, this is also spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ResidentPeach said:

As in that if you have a particular zip code, it will bring up all of the addressed interiors within it? And if so..
 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

If not to all of the above and you just meant zip codes are indicated, this is also spot on.

 

Perhaps to prevent that, it should interface with properties that have addresses rather than being able to just put in the ZIP. If something wouldn't have an address, like a closet, or whatever else, then it cannot be entered into the GPS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This might be over-complicating things, but interiors that wouldn't realistically have addresses are those that are either sub interiors or are things such as sheds. These tend to cost less than $10,000 (or somewhere around). Could this script not do a check whereby if the interior value is less than $10,000 it would not come up on the GPS? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Theory said:

This might be over-complicating things, but interiors that wouldn't realistically have addresses are those that are either sub interiors or are things such as sheds. These tend to cost less than $10,000 (or somewhere around). Could this script not do a check whereby if the interior value is less than $10,000 it would not come up on the GPS? 

You wouldn't want that because apartments are generally <$500. However, you could use the same thing you suggested above, but as all interiors marked as $0, as sub-interiors are generally and supposed to be set as $0.

Edited by JohnM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Theory said:

This might be over-complicating things, but interiors that wouldn't realistically have addresses are those that are either sub interiors or are things such as sheds. These tend to cost less than $10,000 (or somewhere around). Could this script not do a check whereby if the interior value is less than $10,000 it would not come up on the GPS? 

 

As John said, apartments would be affected, yeah. Although the script could exclude rentable places, but I think it's still best to make use of the address script. If it has an address it can be found, makes the most logical sense and it would force more places to have addresses applied to them. Right now it's sporadic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I support this idea, it wouldn’t only help PD finding their crime scene more effectively but also improve the response time for FD and SEMC. 

 

If its made server wide or faction bound, it could also be helpful for cargo services, security firms,  etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, QueenC said:

I support this idea, it wouldn’t only help PD finding their crime scene more effectively but also improve the response time for FD and SEMC. 

 

If its made server wide or faction bound, it could also be helpful for cargo services, security firms,  etc. 

 

No need for it to be faction bound. Anyone with a GPS or phone should be able to use the function honestly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Yannick said:

What I shown Chaos in 2016.

 

RGan7cM.png

 

It works pretty fine, it's just that the complete radar has to be changed as it'll go from round to square. It should stick round which is an issue atm.

I love that not gonna lie. I'd settle with a square instead of a round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Yannick said:

What I shown Chaos in 2016.

 

RGan7cM.png

 

It works pretty fine, it's just that the complete radar has to be changed as it'll go from round to square. It should stick round which is an issue atm.

Square GPS looks the best tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all for this idea. +1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Yannick said:

What I shown Chaos in 2016.

 

RGan7cM.png

 

It works pretty fine, it's just that the complete radar has to be changed as it'll go from round to square. It should stick round which is an issue atm.

🤤

Make this a thing, k thx.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent idea one that would basically benefit everyone (especially when trying to find your way around richman houses etc).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and follow our Guidelines.