Theory

[General] - /gps [int ID]

Would you like to see this added?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this added?

I'd add a poll but I can't find the option to. If a forum admin sees this, can you add a poll please?

lol nvm found it

Edited by Theory

1 hour ago, Theory said:

It would be very useful if there could be a command that shows you where an interior is on your map if you have the ZIP code on hand.

As in that if you have a particular zip code, it will bring up all of the addressed interiors within it? And if so..

Spoiler

What prevents a GPS from locating interiors that shouldn't necessarily have an address but yet are forced to because of how interior addresses are currently scripted? If there's a solution for it, this suggestion is spot on.

If not to all of the above and you just meant zip codes are indicated, this is also spot on.

3 minutes ago, ResidentPeach said:

As in that if you have a particular zip code, it will bring up all of the addressed interiors within it? And if so..

Reveal hidden contents

If not to all of the above and you just meant zip codes are indicated, this is also spot on.

Perhaps to prevent that, it should interface with properties that have addresses rather than being able to just put in the ZIP. If something wouldn't have an address, like a closet, or whatever else, then it cannot be entered into the GPS.

This might be over-complicating things, but interiors that wouldn't realistically have addresses are those that are either sub interiors or are things such as sheds. These tend to cost less than $10,000 (or somewhere around). Could this script not do a check whereby if the interior value is less than $10,000 it would not come up on the GPS? 

27 minutes ago, Theory said:

This might be over-complicating things, but interiors that wouldn't realistically have addresses are those that are either sub interiors or are things such as sheds. These tend to cost less than $10,000 (or somewhere around). Could this script not do a check whereby if the interior value is less than $10,000 it would not come up on the GPS? 

You wouldn't want that because apartments are generally <$500. However, you could use the same thing you suggested above, but as all interiors marked as $0, as sub-interiors are generally and supposed to be set as $0.

Edited by JohnM

3 hours ago, Theory said:

As John said, apartments would be affected, yeah. Although the script could exclude rentable places, but I think it's still best to make use of the address script. If it has an address it can be found, makes the most logical sense and it would force more places to have addresses applied to them. Right now it's sporadic.

I support this idea, it wouldn’t only help PD finding their crime scene more effectively but also improve the response time for FD and SEMC. 

If its made server wide or faction bound, it could also be helpful for cargo services, security firms,  etc. 

2 hours ago, QueenC said:

I support this idea, it wouldn’t only help PD finding their crime scene more effectively but also improve the response time for FD and SEMC. 

If its made server wide or faction bound, it could also be helpful for cargo services, security firms,  etc. 

No need for it to be faction bound. Anyone with a GPS or phone should be able to use the function honestly.

34 minutes ago, Yannick said:

What I shown Chaos in 2016.

RGan7cM.png

It works pretty fine, it's just that the complete radar has to be changed as it'll go from round to square. It should stick round which is an issue atm.

I love that not gonna lie. I'd settle with a square instead of a round.

52 minutes ago, Yannick said:

RGan7cM.png

It works pretty fine, it's just that the complete radar has to be changed as it'll go from round to square. It should stick round which is an issue atm.

Square GPS looks the best tbh.

I'm all for this idea. +1

6 hours ago, Yannick said:

RGan7cM.png

🤤

Make this a thing, k thx.

Decent idea one that would basically benefit everyone (especially when trying to find your way around richman houses etc).