Vorras

Addition of rolling tobacco in general stores.

Suggestion's poll.  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the idea?

2. 2. Do you support the optional part of the idea (about being able to distinguish a factory cigarette from a hand-rolled one) ?

Greetings. In order to broaden the roleplay and immersion I came up with this fairly easy to script idea.

Rolling tobacco everybody!

Spoiler

Rolling_Tobacco,_golden_virginia.jpg

For those who are not familiar with the product It does the exact same job as a normal factory cigarette, except Its quality is slightly better and It's cheaper, if you're a regular smoker.

In order to produce a hand-rolled cigarette you need rolling papers (which are already implemented within the game), filters (optionally) and the tobacco itself.

A script for rolling cigarettes already exists in Marijuana as you need a rolling papers' package combined with a quantity of Marijuana to actually produce a joint. I suggest that the same thing should happen with rolling tobacco. By tapping on your rolling tobacco package while already having a rolling papers' package into your inventory you should be able to produce a generic called "Hand-rolled cigarette", or just "Cigarette".

As far as the quantities that will be sold in general stores are concerned, a rolling tobacco package usually contains around 30 grams, so yeah, you should be able to have like 30 grams per package, while each cigarette produced will waste a single gram off your rolling tobacco, just like Marijuana.

OPTIONALLY

In order for someone to be able to distinguish a hand-rolled cigarette from a factory one, I suggest that we should bring back the old cigarette generic ( http://prntscr.com/m7erpb ) for factory cigarettes as the current one is clearly a hand rolled one, take a look a It...

Pretty much this was all, let me know of your opinion in the comments. Further ideas on this are all accepted.

Cheers!

22 minutes ago, Vorras said:

It does the exact same job as a normal factory cigarette

Exactly why I think it's not important enough to start scripting for, the normal cigarette can be roleplayed as tobacco if you really want to, I've done so in the past.

18 minutes ago, croozerdog said:

Exactly why I think it's not important enough to start scripting for, the normal cigarette can be roleplayed as tobacco if you really want to, I've done so in the past.

I would disagree. For example, smoking pot from a bong is different that smoking pot from a joint. You wouldn't roleplay smoking a joint for a bong... 

Further than bringing variety to roleplay, I can't see no harm coming out of the idea. 

Just roleplay your normal cigarette as a roll up, doesn’t really make any difference, distinguish it in a emote if anyone really cares.

In conclusion I disagree with this suggestion and vote no.

27 minutes ago, Vorras said:

I would disagree. For example, smoking pot from a bong is different that smoking pot from a joint. You wouldn't roleplay smoking a joint for a bong... 

Further than bringing variety to roleplay, I can't see no harm coming out of the idea. 

Thinking of joints, it might be really easy to implant this using the marijuana script, just rename it to tobacco and let people carry a bag of tobacco, still seems like too much of a hassle to me though.

8 minutes ago, Unitts said:

In future please use the script suggestion format but I agree with the points made by EDR and Croozerdog this isn't really important and doesn't stop you roleplaying rolled cigarettes.

Could’ve AT LEAST liked my post >:^(

1 hour ago, croozerdog said:

Thinking of joints, it might be really easy to implant this using the marijuana script, just rename it to tobacco and let people carry a bag of tobacco, still seems like too much of a hassle to me though.

Yep, that's what I've mentioned above. Not that much of a hassle since the whole script is ready and yet, it's going to broaden the roleplay possibilities. 

2 hours ago, EDR said:

Just roleplay your normal cigarette as a roll up, doesn’t really make any difference, distinguish it in a emote if anyone really cares.

In conclusion I disagree with this suggestion and vote no.

I'll repeat my example with the marijuana. You can smoke marijuana by rolling a joint, using a pipe or a bong. But all of these are different ways to consume It. Would you passively roleplay having a pipe or a bong when you're holding a joint? Guess not.

Why would you roleplay holding a handrolled cigarette when all you've got is a factory made one, which when you click an automatic "/ame pulls out a cigarette from his packet" is being shown. Completely ruins the immersion and any chance of variety.

The following great idea has been accepted. So, along with the drug use, let smoking evolve somehow as well.

1 hour ago, Vorras said:

I'll repeat my example with the marijuana. You can smoke marijuana by rolling a joint, using a pipe or a bong. But all of these are different ways to consume It. Would you passively roleplay having a pipe or a bong when you're holding a joint? Guess not.

Why would you roleplay holding a handrolled cigarette when all you've got is a factory made one, which when you click an automatic "/ame pulls out a cigarette from his packet" is being shown. Completely ruins the immersion and any chance of variety.

The following great idea has been accepted. So, along with the drug use, let smoking evolve somehow as well.

There’s only one cigarette and I know that because I’m a smoker myself (not proud either) and there’s no other way to argue this, it’s understandable for marijuana since there actually are different ways of smoking it, but people improve and simply get generic items for those purposes to fulfill their roleplay.

A roll up cigarette is practically the same as a conventional premade and packaged cigarette aside from the fact that you have to roll it yourself to suit your smoking preferences, and adding an entire system for a incredibly small portion of the community is preposterous and only consumes the time and effort from scripters who have higher priorities.

Like I explained earlier, use the already implemented cigarettes in game and simply emote to specify that you’re actually smoking a roll up, it’s roleplay after all and scripts shouldn’t reflect on something insignificant as this.

11 hours ago, croozerdog said:

Exactly why I think it's not important enough to start scripting for

!?

takes few lines of code, and just some minutes to implement

On 1/15/2019 at 11:58 PM, Fernando16 said:

!?

takes few lines of code, and just some minutes to implement

Depends on how it's actually scripted and if they have icons ready.