SuperM

[Properties] - Stop Inactivity Scan or Sell Property From Removing Furniture (items placed by players)

Votes  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Votes

• Yes
    • No (reason if possible?)

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Stop Inactivity Scan or Sell Property From Removing Furniture (items placed by players)

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
Properties

What is the suggestion?-
Stop Inactivity Scan or Sell Property From Removing Furniture (items placed by players), I think it's unrealistic, and we found many properties like really empty when they could have been full of furniture, if the new owner want's to remove it's up to him...

What are the advantages?-
Less pain for the ones who are not good with int design.

What are the disadvantages?-

None

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
No.

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
Probably remove/comment the part of the code that removes the items inside.

Edited by SuperM

As long as stuff like guns are still removed, sure

Afaik the items are being deleted to prevent Alt>Alting. 

If you remove the part where the items inside the interior aren't being deleted automatically people will abuse it.

If it got removed people could lose or sell their int, getting their alt to buy it because they would know about the let's say gun storage and other items inside a specific interior. 

We would see a lot more bans for stuff like Alt>Alt and probably also mixing and Metagaming as people would get their friends to get the stuff if they are unable to log on and get the items after losing their properties.

And 

Inactivity scanner is there to prevent people to keep properties they don't actually use. 

After 14 days if the interior is not being used the scanner will sell it if the owner didn't use inactivity protection and allow other players to buy the interior and create roleplay with said interior. 

I don't see why these two things should be removed or even just one of them. 

Besides, In real life, you most likely won't have a fully furnished house when you buy it. I'm aware that you are able to get houses, mansions and high-end apartments that would be fully furnished. But you will also find houses regardless of the price that would need furnitures. On Owl we got both, which makes it more realistic.

I feel we don't need to change the way it does it currently because a. it cleans up items from the database and the world and b. from an IC perspective the interior would of been cleaned up before heading back onto the market.

not sure about the idea but having free furniture spawned is kinda shitty, if the system just save the price that the item bought with and when the interior got force sell'ed by inactivity it just use that price and add it as a secondary option to have the furniture keep't or not. 

Well, weapons could be removed, I was just speaking about furniture, guns, storages could be removed to prevent that type of alt to alt, but simple furniture items without inventory I think they could stay.

On 1/10/2019 at 12:54 AM, Unitts said:

from an IC perspective the interior would of been cleaned up before heading back onto the market.

In a lot of cases, when a house is foreclosed in real life (forcesold in-game) the bank leaves any furniture that looks good that was left behind.

I've seen it done before with a really nice living room suit in this one foreclosure house we were once looking at buying.

On 1/10/2019 at 6:53 PM, SuperM said:

Well, weapons could be removed, I was just speaking about furniture, guns, storages could be removed to prevent that type of alt to alt, but simple furniture items without inventory I think they could stay.

I like the idea.

I like it when people map their houses without furniture then proceed to get generic item furniture as it gives you the ability to rearrange the place when you get bored.

A lot of people aren't really good at interior design, so furnishing a house is a pain in the ass for them. I like the idea of it potentially leaving stuff inside... Even if it's junk, such as trash left by the previous owner.

It gives the new owner more of a roleplay opportunity... Say you buy a forcesold house, it's full of trash and junk... It gives you the opportunity to roleplay the cleanup process...

Alternatively, you could buy a house that has furniture in it... You don't like their design, so you move it around to your liking...