KillerGR

I need your recommendations

$sap i need some recommendations/opinions for mouse & keyboard.
For keyboard i'm kinda set.. i really like the Corsair k70 lux

Spoiler

20161107115408_corsair_k70_lux_rgb.jpeg

It has many functions play/pause/mute and it feels premium as i can see... Of course if you have some other in mind i would consider. :D
For mouse i wanted to do combo keyboard & mouse but i don't really find that good corsair mouses so i'm open in suggestions as well.. Although, my game style is fps/mmo a bit/survival.

Edited by KillerGR

I've had the G910 keyboard together with the G502 mouse. Best I ever had, survived a lotta years

Trying the thing before buying it is recommended, try visiting any local stores before having those mechanical keyboards. it may be not perfect for you.

35 minutes ago, croozerdog said:

I've had the G910 keyboard together with the G502 mouse. Best I ever had, survived a lotta years

Actually, i have notice their new mouse the g502 hero which is good i guess, it has many buttons and weight adjustment but i kinda have big hand  :kappa: so it should be good for me? Also if i get the corsair keyboard and this mouse the rgb would be like christmas tree hah?  btw the mouse should work with my fatal1ty usb port right ? my current crappy one is wireless and it doesn't work.. Also thanks for your effort :)

edit: I will try to do that mr axa thanks

edit: i forgot about razer naga trinity as well.. seems good but dunno

Edited by KillerGR

17 hours ago, KillerGR said:

Actually, i have notice their new mouse the g502 hero which is good i guess, it has many buttons and weight adjustment but i kinda have big hand  :kappa: so it should be good for me? Also if i get the corsair keyboard and this mouse the rgb would be like christmas tree hah?  btw the mouse should work with my fatal1ty usb port right ? my current crappy one is wireless and it doesn't work.. Also thanks for your effort :)

It should work on all usb ports and the RGB is able to be changed, the G502 even has internal memory that saves your RGB and DPI presets across pc's. The software is ok-ish like razers and corsair, that's only from reviews I red though, I upgraded from a cheap microsoft keyboard and a 5 dollar mouse to this equipment. The mouse is bigger than my hand and I have average hands I think, bigger shouldn't be a problem unless you got a freakishly large hand

On 1/7/2019 at 7:58 PM, KillerGR said:

I got pretty big hands and got the Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum. I really like it and with all the weights in it's pretty accurate. The DPI settings allow for great customising options. Such as changing the collors individually or adding an RGB setting. 

I'd recommend it for you definitely.

The Corsair keyboard you already chose is great. I'd suggest the Logitech G400. I am a long time user of the Logitech MX518 which is discontinued and that mouse was the natural progression from the 518. It's really solid, fast polling rate, not too expensive. Any modern mouse will do you well from a good manufacturer. Just don't buy into all the ultra gaymer hype about them and don't use a wireless mouse. 

First off check reviews online when you've narrowed it down to a few options then go and check them out in person.

Everyone has different tastes in regards to what hardware they use, so its always best to try it before you buy.  

I have that keyboard and I've had no problems with it. Media keys is defo a plus, the corsair software is one of the best in terms of its consistency and customisation. Also Corsair have pretty good warranty and RMA services if you get any issues.

For mouse I'd go for the Razer Mamba. Logitech have good mice, but ultimately their products have short lifespams and repetitive issues. Razer is expensive but its great quality and they have good warranty services. If you're somewhat on a budget then you could look toward a steelseries mouse. 

Razer got shit software afaik, Steelseries got a bad build quality (rubber grips either wear out or just fall off, buttons stop working properly or get stuck; that's from personal experience and I do clean my peripherals, it's not like I got junk under the buttons or anything) but claim the best sensors?, heard tons of good stuff about Logitech's mice, as well about Zowies when it comes to FPS games however a friend of mine has had like 2-3 different Zowies and he's had issues with the mouse randomly spinning out (now that i think of it it could be his mousemat lmao) 

With MMOs I think it's more of a preference thing whether you prefer all the binds on the mouse or prefer using keyboard for that. There are some mice designed towards MMO, you can usually tell by the absurd amount of buttons on them.

With mechanical keyboards, if you're going mechanical, I suggest you try out different switches; On corsair's site they listed browns, blues, reds and "silents". I haven't used the silents, browns feel nice and clicky enough, blues from what I've experienced and heard are basically noisy browns and reds are simply smooth and require light presses. From a quick googling, the silent ones are also reds, no clue what's the difference, didn't bother to look them up too much. 

I have been using the Razer Deathadder Chroma for about 4 or more years, so far it's held up very well considering my heavy abuse on the mouse, it fits my large hand well. To note, the Razer software isn't too bad although I only used it once to configure my DPI and RGB settings and that's it. 

To this day the buttons are broken in nicely and still feel incredibly responsive, it's somewhat on the more expensive side depending where you get it, but it's certainly a good buy. In addition I'd highly suggest to invest in a good mouse pad since that will use the full potential of the mouse sensor and be precise. 

Other than that, I don't know what else to say other than look around and do some further research, find what fits you best. GLHF.

I currently have the Corsair K65 RGB keyboard with MX red switches and I have a friend who has a K70 LUX. He originally had a Razer Chroma keyboard and when he switched to corsair he cannot go back. Highly recommend the K70 Lux for sure. Regarding mice, it comes down to personal preference. I originally owned a Steel Series rival 100 mouse and I enjoyed it a lot but just recently switched to the Logitech G402 and would highly recommend that too. You could also get the G502 I believe it is. Very good one too.

Also for keyboard switches try to watch multiple videos on the different type of switches and see which one you would enjoy the most. If possible try to visit a computer store where they sell gaming hardware and try the switches out for yourself. That's how I personally chose the MX red switches over anything else.

Edited by ZuclyaHD

On 1/11/2019 at 1:15 PM, Vubstersmurf said:

First off check reviews online when you've narrowed it down to a few options then go and check them out in person.

Everyone has different tastes in regards to what hardware they use, so its always best to try it before you buy.  

Great, advice.
Also just stay away from Razer products, they are all show and less-than-expected-for-the-price go. Logitech and Corsair products are pretty cool and much cheaper than Razer's. And also, NEVER get wireless keyboards, they are literally infuriating, I broke the stand on mine because it lags a lot.

First of all thanks everyone for replying/helping me out i really appreciate it :)

2 hours ago, Resident said:

Save yourself some money and get the Corsair K70 red rapidfire

Its actually the same price in here(greece)

1 hour ago, Weiga said:

Great, advice.
Also just stay away from Razer products, they are all show and less-than-expected-for-the-price go. Logitech and Corsair products are pretty cool and much cheaper than Razer's. And also, NEVER get wireless keyboards, they are literally infuriating, I broke the stand on mine because it lags a lot.

Yea i pretty much agree razer got the looks but logitech is more reliable i can say.. Also, when i built my new pc i went to a local shop for a keyboard and mouse but i couldn't find a mechanical one so i got their cheapest wireless mombo XD its pretty bad i can say it's called bitmore..

On 1/11/2019 at 10:53 PM, Bum said:

kinda an unspoken rule that you are not a super gamer if you're not rocking this mouse

s-l640.jpg

Funny fact i had one of those like 10 years ago XD

And this one:

It looked cool back in day i guess :D

Spoiler

61Y4wCTw-ZL._SL1000_.jpg

Btw i'm about to go to a bigger local store this week or next to test out the keyb and mice but i'm pretty sure ill stick with logitech and corsair and about MX switches i'm in between Brown and Red. I know Red are hella fast and also way to clicky but brown are a notch slower but a bit less louder

Edited by KillerGR