Weiga

Icons and exe virus [URGENT]

Question

hey guys, so i've been struggling with this weird virus, it just won't go away. I've tried malwarebytes, installed new OS to fix the registry but the virus is still on the hdd.

Here are some pics: 3wwI8zJ.png

c7mF7Fn.png

I'm extremely grateful for anyone who can help me, any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Edited by Weiga

12 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Serx said:

Use windows defender instead of any other AV program. Check the latest programs you have downloaded and if you are not sure on what you downloaded, remove that.

I installed a fresh copy of windows that removed every single program, also i'm on windows 7 so is gonna be WD any good?

Just now, Weiga said:

I installed a fresh copy of windows that removed every single program, also i'm on windows 7 so is gonna be WD any good?

Better than any other AV program to be honest. Since it's Microsoft's original shit and free.

13 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Try cracking a decent AV program and removing it through that. 

I'm not sure about that to be honest, the only one I trust is Malwarebytes. It has been very loyal but really messy. One more thing, do you know what type of virus this is?

13 minutes ago, Simonman80 said:

Download AdwCleaner, very useful, I recommend it.

13 minutes ago, Serx said:

Better than any other AV program to be honest. Since it's Microsoft's original shit and free.

so, everytime I scan these 4 always pop up, can't seem to get rid of them: ACP6Vzd.png

29 minutes ago, Vubstersmurf said:

Okay so few things you would need to do.

Before you even attempt of removing a virus ALWAYS disconnect yourself from the network, otherwise it can just reproduce or get on again if you haven't cleaned it properly.

Next delete the directories of where the virus currently resides, as well as running DEEP scans via anti virus softwares and Malwarebytes.  Why both? Because most anti virus softwares don't look for Malware. There's so many different virus types that the fact is it's hard to just use one piece of software to get it removed.

If none of this works then it's time to actually start afresh, including deleting partitions and starting from the start, this includes reinstalling a new OS.  

Feel free to hit me up at discord vubstersmurf#1994 and I'll be happy to help out further. 

Curry’s PC World ‘Know How’ team. 

Update: Thank you so much @Vubstersmurf, @Serx, @Simonman80 and @Jordan
For anyone having this problem, basically you want to download two AVs and go to My Computer, right click on the infected partition and scan with both AVs, it'll take some time but it is worth it. Also make sure to track the infected files in folders, delete whole folders and you'll be good.

Edited by Weiga

Just now, Weiga said:

Update: Thank you so much @Vubstersmurf.
For anyone having this problem, basically you want to download two AVs and go to My Computer, right click on the infected partition and scan with both AVs, it'll take some time but it is worth it. Also make sure to track the infected files in folders, delete whole folders and you'll be good.

Glad it got sorted! Again hit me up if anything else happens, :)