[[Character Robberies]] - Revise

OwlGaming.png

Rule Discussion

Subject:

[Character Robberies]

I want to...:

Revise

Elaboration:

The rule on character robberies specifies that you can NOT PK a player before, during or after a -petty robbery-. The thing I want to revise is the definition of what -petty robbery- is, too lessen the amount of confusion in handling the case, and how the admins should rule accordingly.

13 minutes ago, George said:

Anything you rob off a player constitutes to robbery, therefore cannot be Player-Killed.

That's what many believe, but if I then proceed to rob 30 k from someone, do you still count that as a -petty- robbery? I know that I don't.

4 minutes ago, DrJoseEviI said:

If you don’t know what petty robbery means then you should do a google search. 

Of course I know what a petty robbery means, but the fact that it's defined differently throughout the world and USA makes it a question that may raise confusion.

It's self-explanatory, you rob someone, you cannot kill them unless they give you a reason such as disregard of life, or your intent was not to abuse the amnesia effect. It's as clear as it gets even on the website for the list of rules.

ff73b4082af7a09dd70c02fc24c045e8.png
https://gyazo.com/ff73b4082af7a09dd70c02fc24c045e8

7 minutes ago, George said:

It's self-explanatory, you rob someone, you cannot kill them unless they give you a reason such as disregard of life, or your intent was not to abuse the amnesia effect. It's as clear as it gets even on the website for the list of rules.

Did you even read the rule and what I'm suggesting before posting here? I stated that we could benefit from defining what the rule means when it comes to "petty" robbery. The definition varies and in the state of california anything above 950$ is considered grand theft.

2 minutes ago, ItzGinaa said:

a petty robbery is a robbery of a player or small entity of small value. 

a grand robbery is a robbery of a large establishment such as a bank.

This is not an absolute truth either.

21 minutes ago, George said:

ff73b4082af7a09dd70c02fc24c045e8.png
https://gyazo.com/ff73b4082af7a09dd70c02fc24c045e8

do you refuse to read? the rule clearly states that you may not rob someone after a PETTY robbery. 

In my opinion it's clearly defined, no need to change anything. Obviously, if you steal a lot of money from someone, chances are he's gonna come look for it, and look for you, while he may not do the same at a few hundred bucks. Players should be entitled to reduce (or remove) risk by PK in such situations, simply because it usually takes more finesse than just pointing a gun at someone and telling them to pay up. (not counting situations where you randomly rob someone and he happens to have 30k on himself by accident.)