[VT Supervised Automotive Exporting] - Discuss

OwlGaming.png

Rule Discussion

Subject:

VT Supervised Automotive Exporting

I want to...:

Discuss

Elaboration:

So, I have been pondering with this idea for a while and I feel it would be something cool to bring to the community...

In small detail, my idea is to allow players to export their own vehicles through the Port of LS with DMV (VT) supervision in the form of export paperwork... You wouldn't get exactly what your car is worth; however, you would get more than you'd potentially get when auctioning it off for half of its real-life value...
This could help with many problems the server's car scene and even non car-related economy is having...
Lately I have been seeing tons of cars that are listed on auction for FAR less than they're truly worth in real life, sometimes they're even listed for their real-life values...
In both cases they *rarely* ever sell for even half of what they're truly worth unless they're extremely fast vehicles... This mostly happens with exotics, luxurious cars, and classic cars...
I feel this really kills the the immersion of people who are roleplay'ing within the automotive enthusiast realm, such as myself and a ton of other members of this large community.

One vehicle in which I would like to pull up as an example is @ResidentPeach and his 1984 Peugot 205 Turbo 16... In real life, these are pretty much worth every penny of the $295,000 he is trying to get for it; however, in game nobody is going to pay that much for it because it's a slow vehicle that really holds no value in a city full of modified rice buckets that go 286 km/h in a matter of 10-15 seconds. Here's his auction, for reference: https://goo.gl/Y8uMbc

I believe with the implementation of some sort of "exportation" system we could cut-down on the amount of supercars being sold for pennies on the dollar and thus cut-down the amount of people who are living in Idlewood yet they daily drive and store their $350,000 Lamborghini in their ghetto house's garage just because they got the car for less than $80,000 to $100,000 and don't care much about it getting stolen as they managed to get the cash for it fairly quickly from RS Haul driving for hours a day...

I see this happening way too much... I even managed to find a 2018 Audi R8 V10 parked in the heart of Idlewood, just sitting there for two days now...
I feel that allowing people to export their vehicles for at least 65% of their real-life value could help cut down this plague of a problem some.

How do all of you feel about it?
I'd like to hear the opinion of other members of the community.
Maybe someone else can come up with some ideas to build on my rough idea.

The way I suggest handling situations of Legal Exportation is placed in the spoiler... Read it if you'd like.

One way I could suggest doing it is requiring you to at-least try to auction it off once at its real-life value. If that auction fails to pull its real-life value, you could then proceed to file the proper paperwork with the DMV (VT) and the process would begin from there.

IC Process: I'd say the process starts with you dropping the vehicle off at a DMV inspection yard, then surrendering the keys to them.... Once the DMV (VT) has the vehicle, it is inspected (passive RP'd by NPC) who fully inspect the paperwork and then the vehicle itself and give it a condition rating that would help reflect how much it'd be worth. If the vehicle's owner accepts their offer, they sign over the vehicle and it gets sent off to an out-of-state buyer.

OOC Process:

Player fills out the paperwork,

VT looks over it, if the vehicle's ownership papers check out from the IC section; they discuss how much it should be worth,

The VT contacts the player, tells them exactly how much the vehicle would export for.

If the player accepts the number, the vehicle is deleted and the player is given the amount agreed upon between themself and the VT.

Edited by Dylanjeter1

No, pretty sure this has been suggested before. It's a joke of an idea that provides no roleplay for anyone with the reward of money. It's not hard to figure out which cars will lose and hold value in owls economy. Be smarter with your money instead of buying anything you see, if that's what your main concern is.

Edited by JohnM

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

No, pretty sure this has been suggested before. It's a joke of an idea that provides no roleplay for anyone with the reward of money. It's not hard to figure out which cars will lose and hold value in owls economy. Be smarter with your money instead of buying anything you see, if that's what your main concern is.

Pretty much what he said. 

Been discussed and suggested before, people shouldn't profit off NPCs that drastically

People not being interested in older/slower cars shouldnt come as a surprise and if you've requested such vehicle it really is a problem of your own. I sorta suffer from it myself but im not complaining

Edited by disappoint

Can't see it being that bad considering the car:player ratio. Would make sense to introduce a percentage loss though so people aren't making mad $$$ easy peasy, like 20%. 

No.

Player market determines the value after it’s been imported, if no one wants to pay a certain amount for a vehicle then you’re shit out of luck. There’s only two legal  ways to get money back for your vehicle.

1) Player to player transaction

2) Crushing

Being able to export a vehicle because you can’t get the amount you want because it’s not “realistic” makes no sense. If you sell anything, whether it be in game or in real life, you must keep in mind that only someone who really desires your product will pay whatever they can or want for it. If you’re not happy with the price then you should’ve factored in the potential of being able to resell that vehicle once you get bored of it. This seems more like a fail safe if you aren’t happy with what people are willing to pay.

The 99% of the owl car community (being retarded as it is)  likes fast cars. If you have some luxurious car worth 300k irl on auction asking for 250k and it’s slower than my shitbox 2004 sedan that goes 900km/h, the chances of me being able to sell my sedan at 500k are not that low (yes this is an obvious exaggeration, but it is true that people will pay more for speed/performance).

There is some realism in this anyways. When someone wants a car, they look for something reliable and it suits their needs/wants, obviously you might not be able to find everything you desire in one car, so you take what you can get. The owl car market is more interested in performance and speed rather than luxury, my best guess is because it doesn’t matter what the IRL model of your car is, because they’re all the same low quality OOC model that was designed in 2004 (such as having different IRL brands on a Huntley).

I don’t see the need to implement a new system that further impedes our crippled vehicle team because of someone’s poor spending.

Well, it was a discussion; so I guess the people have spoken 🤷‍♂️

I just think it'd be a decent idea if it were better structured than what I came up with in five minutes.

Thanks for the opinions I guess.

On 12/19/2018 at 6:26 PM, DrJoseEviI said:

I don’t see the need to implement a new system that further impedes our crippled vehicle team because of someone’s poor spending.

Despite myself sometimes being harmed by people paying a fraction of it's IRL price I agree with this. There's no need for this system and put more strain on an already understaffed vehicle team