Foester

VT | Static Inertia

4 minutes ago, ResidentPeach said:

This has been required for a while, glad to see somebody actively cares enough.

have been suggesting it for a while, a lot of testing has already been done, further testing is needed for sure.

1 minute ago, Stewart1 said:

Great Idea, hope it gets through

It's already accepted by us, we've been working on the values.

Just now, Cryotich said:

have been suggesting it for a while, a lot of testing has already been done, further testing is needed for sure.

Glad he's trying to promote the team really by giving the rest of the community at least a shred of transparency. It's projects and ideas like these that encourage people to join, so my point is that it should be done more often and not just by him see.

Older vehicles with an automatic transmission was typically slower especially in acceleration, even some newer vehicles like the 2015 Chevrolet Camaro for example, there was a drag race on youtube between the same exact vehicle, engine, and everything, just it was sequential vs. auto. The Manual transmission won at the end because you're able to get to higher RPM's before shifting, meaning whenever both vehicles are in first gear, the automatic will shift a lot quicker, meaning the manual transmission can hold a few seconds longer in first gear to rid of wheel spin and be able to get the advantage in 2nd gear because once shifting into 2nd, they will be ahead in RPM's and speed, so the car will be able to reach high enough RPM's in order to shift into 3rd.

Some automatic transmissions like for drag cars, will beat a manual transmission easily, but not your standard automatic gearbox.

All of that being said, I would love to pitch in and try to help. With newer vehicles this will matter a lot, and even most older vehicles it will matter as well. If you guys need an extra hand in testing the vehicles I will be more than happy to do small races with the cars with a VT member so they can properly adjust the inertia for a more perfect outcome.

5 minutes ago, Wingatar said:

Older vehicles with an automatic transmission was typically slower especially in acceleration, even some newer vehicles like the 2015 Chevrolet Camaro for example, there was a drag race on youtube between the same exact vehicle, engine, and everything, just it was sequential vs. auto. The Manual transmission won at the end because you're able to get to higher RPM's before shifting, meaning whenever both vehicles are in first gear, the automatic will shift a lot quicker, meaning the manual transmission can hold a few seconds longer in first gear to rid of wheel spin and be able to get the advantage in 2nd gear because once shifting into 2nd, they will be ahead in RPM's and speed, so the car will be able to reach high enough RPM's in order to shift into 3rd.

Some automatic transmissions like for drag cars, will beat a manual transmission easily, but not your standard automatic gearbox.

All of that being said, I would love to pitch in and try to help. With newer vehicles this will matter a lot, and even most older vehicles it will matter as well. If you guys need an extra hand in testing the vehicles I will be more than happy to do small races with the cars with a VT member so they can properly adjust the inertia for a more perfect outcome.

34 minutes ago, Foester said:

I can hear you saying there are few manual transmissions are faster than the automatic ones. We are going to work on that too.                        

Thanks though.

Edited by Foester

30 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Good man dxrk

Hes my mate

17 minutes ago, Fellengi said:

We need more people like you, keep it going!

Thank you. 

I'll expand on why I suggested this change to Foester and Cryotich so that they could pass it onto the rest of VT. When I originally joined VT back in early 2017 with members such as Cryotich, there was never a set guide on how to set the inertia for the vehicles that you're spawning so this meant that a lot of the entries in /vehlib would have random numeric values for inertia set ranging from 0 to 30. Later down the line, @ResidentPeach did some testing and found out that setting 30 inertia would actually give somewhat realistic 0 to 60 times so we started setting every vehicle spawned to 30 inertia. This wasnt always met with positive feedback but it was a start to improving the handling of the vehicles that would be coming into the server every 2 weeks.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

I doubt that it's possible to actually implement a script into the server now which would change the transmission type of vehicles IC'ly making the users switch gears themselves if its manual due to the amount of scripts that are already used by the server and it would just end up using space which could've been used for bigger improvements. The change to set inertia depending on the transmission type of the vehicle I believe is a good suggestion and would also bring some benefits. There are tons of options that come with old and modern vehicles when it comes to the transmission such as having automatic, manual, tiptronic, sequential etc and having different gearboxes as an option mean the vehicles cost more. Some vehicles with manual transmissions are rarer to find than automatic variants  and this means they end up being more expensive. This change would mean that people would actually consider what transmission to get when looking for a new vehicle to purchase as it would actually make a change since depending the gearbox, it can affect the acceleration and top speed of some vehicles. Don't PG and get manual transmission just because they may have faster acceleration, only 18 percent of the US can actually drive manual and even less know how to operate sequential gearboxes. 

Edited by DxRK

7 hours ago, DxRK said:

I'll expand on why I suggested this change to Foester and Cryotich so that they could pass it onto the rest of VT. When I originally joined VT back in early 2017 with members such as Cryotich, there was never a set guide on how to set the inertia for the vehicles that you're spawning so this meant that a lot of the entries in /vehlib would have random numeric values for inertia set ranging from 0 to 30. Later down the line, @ResidentPeach did some testing and found out that setting 30 inertia would actually give somewhat realistic 0 to 60 times so we started setting every vehicle spawned to 30 inertia. This wasnt always met with positive feedback but it was a start to improving the handling of the vehicles that would be coming into the server every 2 weeks.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

I doubt that it's possible to actually implement a script into the server now which would change the transmission type of vehicles IC'ly making the users switch gears themselves if its manual due to the amount of scripts that are already used by the server and it would just end up using space which could've been used for bigger improvements. The change to set inertia depending on the transmission type of the vehicle I believe is a good suggestion and would also bring some benefits. There are tons of options that come with old and modern vehicles when it comes to the transmission such as having automatic, manual, tiptronic, sequential etc and having different gearboxes as an option mean the vehicles cost more. Some vehicles with manual transmissions are rarer to find than automatic variants  and this means they end up being more expensive. This change would mean that people would actually consider what transmission to get when looking for a new vehicle to purchase as it would actually make a change since depending the gearbox, it can affect the acceleration and top speed of some vehicles. Don't PG and get manual transmission just because they may have faster acceleration, only 18 percent of the US can actually drive manual and even less know how to operate sequential gearboxes. 

You forgot that majority of ls are immigrants

Sorta makes sense too, i mean SA is secluded, why wouldn't trump send em here

Edited by disappoint

Maybe you should also take into consideration how much torque an engine can produce. I find it annoying how a 2018 Challeneger Hellcat is faster then a 2018 Challeneger Demon where the demon is on drag radials and produces more torque.

Sure transmission can matter but what if you start to compare cars. An example would be a 1500hp Supra with a manual transmission and then a 700hp Hellcat with an automatic transmission beats a Supra even though the supra produces more torque and power then the Hellcat.

I'm not saying this idea isn't a bad one, but consider all the facts in which can make a car faster. Just because a car with 500hp and like 200lbs of torque it shouldn't mean it's fast. Torque is what can give the car the power it needs to get those low 0-60 times.

This is just my concern on how you are going to deal with this issue.

Edited by ZuclyaHD

Neat idea, would be nice to see in-game.

On a side note...

I applied for VT a month or so ago to help with this understaffing issue.

Never even got a message back 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Dylanjeter1

7 hours ago, ZuclyaHD said:

Maybe you should also take into consideration how much torque an engine can produce. I find it annoying how a 2018 Challeneger Hellcat is faster then a 2018 Challeneger Demon where the demon is on drag radials and produces more torque.

Sure transmission can matter but what if you start to compare cars. An example would be a 1500hp Supra with a manual transmission and then a 700hp Hellcat with an automatic transmission beats a Supra even though the supra produces more torque and power then the Hellcat.

I'm not saying this idea isn't a bad one, but consider all the facts in which can make a car faster. Just because a car with 500hp and like 200lbs of torque it shouldn't mean it's fast. Torque is what can give the car the power it needs to get those low 0-60 times.

This is just my concern on how you are going to deal with this issue.

Everything is going to be close to real life. However, there are some issues with the OOC models. That's why a stock Hellcat (Buffalo) is able to win a race against that 1500HP Supra (Jester) you've mentioned.

Overall, it is not a bad idea but I think we are going to stick to DxRK's solution.

Edited by Foester

16 hours ago, Foester said:

Everything is going to be close to real life. However, there are some issues with the OOC models. That's why a stock Hellcat (Buffalo) is able to win a race against that 1500HP Supra (Jester) you've mentioned.

Overall, it is not a bad idea but I think we are going to stick to DxRK's solution.

Yea true. There are limitations to the OOC models which is unfortunate. But I guess DxRK's solution isn't bad.