gr4p

Character Name-

Diaz Viceroy

Date of Incident-

11/28/2018

Supervising Administrator-

vubstersmurf

Narrative-

I was robbing two people at pizza stacks, with a knife. After a while of them stalling, an unmarked police vehicle finally arrived. I was aimed at with an assault rifle, and was told to put my hands up. Instead, I decided to run away.
In the PD's eyes, this, somehow, means that I was disregarding my life, because I ran away. In my opinion, if anything, this was excessive use of force done by the responding unit. I had a knife, not a firearm, which means that I could've been tazed, chased, or dealt with any of the myriad of tools the police get when taking down a criminal (that doesn't include murdering them.)
Respectfully, in every situation where I aimed a gun at someone (for example, an armed robbery) and they fled (and were shot later), I was always told that they're not disregarding their life, because it's the fear for their life that made them run. I honestly think that if vubstersmurf wasn't biased towards the PD, I would not have gotten CK'd.

It's my understanding that the PD, for some reason, thought that I had a gun, instead of a knife, hence the harsh treatment (this is backed up by Theory's snarky PM's). Considering that they themvelves have made a mistake in assuming that, and that they refused to look at the situation upon arriving, using the approach of "shoot first, ask questions later", I believe that an un-CK is in order.
They could've made me RP injuries, let me take a PK, or ask me to do anything else, but it seems like cronyism and favoritism, and not roleplay, is the main focus of vubstersmurf's administrative career.

Evidence-

logs from robbery-> death : https://pastebin.com/f3EkQN1b (mind you, i don't like roleplaying with /luck /chance, but they initiated it so I just went along)
logs of my conversation with the PD and admins involved: https://pastebin.com/SKmn0FN6

Method of Death-

shot to death with an AR

Have you attempted to resolve this already with the supervising administrator?-

Yes

Hi,

I wasn't biased towards PD, you robbed someone at knife point in plain daylight and then whilst Police had guns aimed at you and asked you for hands you proceeded to run with a knife still in your hand in the opposite direction. By not obeying their orders - and of course still armed you were seen as a threat. 

Especially as seen from here:

1. 2018-11-28 21:20:23  [English] Laura Star shouts: Can't any-of you guys do his job with this robber?!
  3. 2018-11-28 21:20:30   [English] Laura Star says: Sorry sorry.
  5. 2018-11-28 21:20:33  ★ Diaz Viceroy raises his feet, he stomps at Laura's kneecap.
  7. 2018-11-28 21:20:40  [English] Sid Burnham shouts: HANDS!
  9. 2018-11-28 21:20:45   [English] Laura Star says: Please , don't!
  11. 2018-11-28 21:20:46  District IC: You'd hear a series of loud assault rifle gunshots echoing throughout the vicinity
  13. 2018-11-28 21:20:46  * Diaz Viceroy's right arm was hit. *

Also want to state this:

[2018-11-28 20:25:33] [Output] : PM From (44) Sid Burnham (Ron): he ran towards me with a knife
[2018-11-28 20:25:40] [Output] : PM From (44) Sid Burnham (Ron): then ran away when i had my gun aimed at him

So even there you ran at an officer with a knife they raise their gun at you demand you show hands yet instead run off with the knife still in your hand. 

You stomped on someones kneecap, with knife still in your hand and then when asked for Hand's by police who had guns aimed at you, you didn't comply hence the shots. Due to not complying with PD it was seen as disregard. A knife can still be a threat, never mind whether it is a firearm or otherwise. For all PD could know you were still a danger to others and that's why they fired.

If it's seen as excessive then thats an IC issue on PD's behalf, however having taken the evidence I was given along with finding out what happened I deemed it CKable. 

Edited by Vubstersmurf

Admins have no say in controlling a Law Enforcement Officer's actions, its entirely up to the officer with the decision they choose to make and if there's an issue Internal Affairs will deal with it ICly like its supposed to happen.

5 minutes ago, Vubstersmurf said:

If it's seen as excessive then thats an IC issue on PD's behalf, however having taken the evidence I was given along with finding out what happened I deemed it CKable. 

4 minutes ago, George said:

Admins have no say in controlling a Law Enforcement Officer's actions, its entirely up to the officer with the decision they choose to make and if there's an issue Internal Affairs will deal with it ICly like its supposed to happen.

"if there's an issue internal affairs will deal with it icly like it's supposed to happen"

of course, but if that were the case, then a police officer could just go out and kill everyone, ask for admin to CK them, then when they complain, just tell them "Well it's supposed to be dealt with ICly, sorry". 

just because i'm shot by a cop doesn't mean I should be CK'd. 

obviously i'm not asking you to reconsider, vubstersmurf, i'm asking for the involvment of either another admin, or the UAT, it would be redundant for us to have the same debate here that we did ingame. 

If you’re being robbed and told you put your hands up with a gun and you decide to run away that’s considered disregard of life and instant CK if the other party wishes to have you CK’d, it’s not different with a Police Officer considering it’s also an assault rifle being pointed at you. And you’re entirely incorrect on the whole everyone would go out and kill because you got multiple people checking on situations and ensuring no ones breaking the rules plus we’re stopped in doing stuoid because because of the corruption policy.

Long story short, you committed a harmful crime, got told to put your hands up and you ran, that’s your disregard of life, officers fired at you to avoid losing you and eliminated you on the spot so they wouldn’t risk losing you and causing future harm, this paki I know can tell you more. 😂 @JohnM 

48 minutes ago, George said:

If you’re being robbed and told you put your hands up with a gun and you decide to run away that’s considered disregard of life and instant CK if the other party wishes to have you CK’d, it’s not different with a Police Officer considering it’s also an assault rifle being pointed at you. And you’re entirely incorrect on the whole everyone would go out and kill because you got multiple people checking on situations and ensuring no ones breaking the rules plus we’re stopped in doing stuoid because because of the corruption policy.

Long story short, you committed a harmful crime, got told to put your hands up and you ran, that’s your disregard of life, officers fired at you to avoid losing you and eliminated you on the spot so they wouldn’t risk losing you and causing future harm, this paki I know can tell you more. 😂 @JohnM 

You don't know what you're talking about. Someone who's shot fleeing from a robbery is not ckd anymore. 

Besides, i was shot in the back, which means I was posing no threat to anyone.

No matter from what standpoint we look at this : shooting a fleeing man is not CK worthy. 

1 minute ago, Shekelberg said:

You don't know what you're talking about. Someone who's shot fleeing from a robbery is not ckd anymore. 

Besides, i was shot in the back, which means I was posing no threat to anyone.

No matter from what standpoint we look at this : shooting a fleeing man is not CK worthy. 

Lets consider the facts, you used a knife in a robbery, did you ever attempt to use the knife or was it just there as a form of threat; and ran once Police showed up?

Hello.

I'll be handling this CK appeal. I'll read the narratives and evidence and will reach a decision shortly.

Hello,

After reviewing the CK appeal, I've decided that I will be refusing this CK. By running away from the officers, Diaz posed no threat to any of the officers and to shoot in that situation was not warranted, and should not have lead to a CK. If he originally run toward the officer then I can a CK being valid, however as there is no proof of this I cannot uphold the CK on this reason. I don't believe Vubstersmurf acted maliciously in this case, there was a lot of conflicting information at the time which caused confused.

However, as you were currently wanted by the police you'll have to be arrested and the appropriate charges should be laid on you. I'll unCK you sometime today and I will /arrest your character with the charges.

@Shekelberg

Edited by Mogs

On 11/30/2018 at 9:23 AM, Mogs said:

Hello,

After reviewing the CK appeal, I've decided that I will be refusing this CK. By running away from the officers, Diaz posed no threat to any of the officers and to shoot in that situation was not warranted, and should not have lead to a CK. If he originally run toward the officer then I can a CK being valid, however as there is no proof of this I cannot uphold the CK on this reason. I don't believe Vubstersmurf acted maliciously in this case, there was a lot of conflicting information at the time which caused confused.

However, as you were currently wanted by the police you'll have to be arrested and the appropriate charges should be laid on you. I'll unCK you sometime today and I will /arrest your character with the charges.

@Shekelberg

Sorry to bother but I'm still waiting on an unck. Hoping we could skip the /arrest part considering the fact that my alt should have been unckd a month ago.