What would be the name of the script(s)?-
Player Description Accent Function
What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
What is the suggestion?-
Even though we have what some people consider more than enough options on the player description GUI, myself and I can also imagine plenty of other people are a bit bored trying to decipher what autistic players (Plenty around here, have a bowl cut or a thumb head, even a diamond pickaxe chin then here's your answer.) perceive as an accent as they're trying to type out how they think it actually sounded like.
Thought it would be pretty class and almost effortless to just have an extra entry allowing an accent to be displayed, so whenever we're spotting people speaking just little differently we can quickly just see what they're trying to go for. If you want an example, I think the Red County Mob had plenty during the back when times when apparently trying to understand a redneck was now suddenly hieroglyphics which obviously was just a cliché.
What are the advantages?-
- Stops mongs from overexaggerating their accent in order to establish their origins/background.
- Brings more variety to characters from countries with variable accents, imagine how fun and unique it will be again to have an American character.
- Topic of conversation, helps add more to social interaction in Owl which is obviously struggling.
- Influences more fleshed out characters, no more generic Mexicano who has a Spanish accent unless if you're a low energy bellend.
What are the disadvantages?-
- Metagame if perhaps somebody uses it to distinguish your origins/background without even having talked to your character.
- Might incite people on here who react to racial stereotyping, how dare you make fun of my native Swazilandian tongue see you on the UCP.
Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
I can give @Swanker the 619 for motivational support.
How would you go about implementing this idea?-
Copy and paste.